Seventh Generation [Review]



I got a Seventh Generation sample pack recently and I was super excited!! My family is trying hard to move to a more natural/organic lifestyle - especially since I have two kids who I want to grow up as healthy and environmentally conscious as possible...

Anyway - in the pack was Baby Body Wash & Lotion, Adult Body Wash & Lotion, Laundry Detergent and a Facial Cloth. I've tried everything but the Facial Cloth because I have sensitive skin.

But here is my reviews of the products I did try...


Adult Body Wash & Lotion



When I received this product, I was looking forward to trying it because it was all-natural AND it smelled like Mandarin oranges. I was somewhat disappointed. As far as it’s “soapy” ability – it lathered well and I have no doubts about my cleanliness when getting out of the shower. However, the smell was somewhat off putting. I did not smell like mandarin oranges, and as some one who usually showers with a Bath & Body Works product, I expected a stronger fruit smell. However, I understand that one of the main reasons that people switch to an all natural product like Seventh Generation is to avoid harsh chemicals and scents. If that’s the case, this is definitely the product for you. I just wish they hadn’t advertised a fruity smell that isn’t really there. I really wanted to switch to an all natural body wash, because our household is trying to be more “natural” but I’m not sure I’m ready to commit to this change.


Laundry Detergent



I already make a powder detergent at home with minimal ingredients, so I was excited to see a liquid natural laundry detergent. [The powder can get messy sometimes.] The liquid got out all the usual “kid” stains. The only thing that might turn some people off is the fact that it has no smell. Your clothes come out the laundry smelling like, “clothes” not a garden meadow or rain drops. Also, it works in HE washers.


Baby Body Wash & Lotion



One of the best things about babies are the new baby smell – which is essentially some form of Johnson & Johnson. However, there are a lot of chemicals that go into making those smelly body washes. My household is attempting to go more natural, and I was glad to find an alternative to the mainstream body washes. The soap cleaned well, and left my baby smelling clean without all the extra perfumes. It seemed to have enough moisture in it and didn’t dry out my daughters sensitive skin.


**I received my free sample pack of Seventh Generation products from Smiley360.**

http://smiley360.com/1552021.cfm

0 comments:

Post a Comment